An internist is an internal medicine doctor that focuses on the diagnosis and medical treatment of adults. Internists can provide long-term, comprehensive health care and manage both common and complex diseases. Internal medicine doctors are especially skilled at caring for patients with more than one disease. Internists can also prevent diseases by identifying and treating initial risk factors, such as high blood pressure and cholesterol. If you’re looking for the best internal medicine doctors in the Bronx, contact us today.
What Services do Internal Medicine Doctors Provide?
Some of the conditions our Bronx internal medicine doctors treat include:
- Minor everyday ailments (colds, allergies)
- Preventive care (epilepsy, fever, flu, hernia, nausea, seizures, pain)
- High cholesterol
- Respiratory disease
- Vascular and heart disease
- Lung disease
- Kidney conditions
- Joint and orthopedic conditions
- Digestive problems and liver diseases
- Neurological conditions
- Cancer screenings
- Women’s health