Primary care is the day-to-day healthcare given by a health care provider. Typically this provider acts as the first contact and principal point of continuing care for patients within a healthcare system, and coordinates other specialist care that the patient may need.
Primary care and family medicine physicians at Square Medical Care provide healthcare services such as:
- Periodic physical examinations
- Routine screenings for blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes
- Treatment of common conditions such as hypertension, high cholesterol, upper respiratory infections, strep throat, digestive disorders, minor injuries, and rashes
- Vaccinations, such as flu shots, pneumonia, shingles, and tetanus
- Referrals to specialists such as cardiologists, orthopedists, dermatologists, endocrinologists, and more